The COMFORT EGG is a sensory beauty, a handmade wooden fidget toy, a worry
stone, a desk toy and a relaxation wooden beauty. It is an amazing stress
reliever to carry around in your pocket, keep on your desk or under the pillow.
Its soft finish and organic shape smooths the mind and helps concentrate on
whatever else you do. The Comfort egg started as a gift, one to help remember
someone far away. Hold it in your hand when you feel stressed or in need of
- Handmade in Saint-André-de-Kamouraska, Québec.
- Made in hard sugar maple wood (other wood types available)
- Hand carved beautiful piece of wood carefully chosen.
- Polished with 100% natural, beeswax and hempseed oil, homemade finish.
- Each piece is unique and may vary from the photo.
AVAILABLE SIZES (approximative)
- small: 2 1/8" long x 1 3/8" thick (Best for children or people with
praticular small hands who want a more subtle feel)
- medium: 2 1/2" long x 1 3/8" thick (Most versatile, as good for smaller or
- large: 2 5/8" long x 1 1/2" thick (Best for people with praticular large
hands or if you want a more filling effect).
Here is the feedback from an educator working with children with attention
"So for now I have tried it punctually with two kids. The egg helped them
canalize their energy excess generated by vitality or anxiety. During mentally
engaging tasks or waiting periods (moments when the mind can easily move
towards anxious thoughts), the kids would simply rub their thumbs in the egg.
Having it around their neck or in their pocket, they would hold it discreetly
and find a soothing and comforting sensation that helped to manage their
stress. At first, it is important to remind them of the function of the egg.
For example, I would say: “Nathaniel, I know you have a lot of energy and that
it is hard for you right now to concentrate on your task. Hold the Egg when you
feel the energy/anxiety coming and rub it with your thumb to make that
energy/anxiety go away so you can concentrate on the teacher”. This helps a
lot. It is better for some of them to have an object that is beautiful and
discreet object that looks like a necklace. We often use plastic fidget toys
but they break easily. It’s nice to have something made in a beautiful wood
that you can easily carry around. Because I can only try on small amounts of
time, I cannot really say if it does help on the long term but I would easily
guess it does.” Véronique Bélanger